Our Objects are: The relief of poverty, sickness and distress among refugees and asylum seekers and the local community by the provision of, but not by way of limitation, facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation, promote culture of inclusion and tolerance, education, training and skills development and promote socio-economic and environment challenges.
Who we are
Umoja Foundation Trust (UFT) is a charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) formed in 2019 to work with newcomer immigrants and refugees living in Manchester UK. Our Organisation seeks to help promote unity, respect, and dignity amongst minority immigrants and refugees.
Newcomer to UK can find it difficult to integrate due to obstacles such as poverty, learning a new language, unemployment, culture shock, isolation and feelings of hopelessness. Through Umoja Foundation Trust (UFT), we provide a variety of culturally sensitive programs to help families, children, youth and women integrate successfully into their new social environment.
What we Do
We make our area more ‘age friendly’.
• We Create more things to do in Tameside for people aged 5 to 50+.
• We Bring together different generations and communities.
• We Reduce social isolation.
• We Work together to try new ways of doing things.
• We Build on the skills, knowledge, experience and confidence of people aged 5 to 50+